Thursday, April 23, 2015

3 Blogs I'm Interested In Reading Regularly

3 Blogs I'm Interested In Reading Regularly

1. Real Food Liz
 Up until a few years ago, I suffered from migraines that would last months... not kidding. I didn't really seek medical help but it was disrupting my daily activities. I also had a goal to get in the best shape of my life before I hit 30. That's when I discovered Paleo style eating. I started taking the grain out of my diet and my headaches went away. It was the best feeling. I later discovered that I was allergic to whole wheat. It's a very hard allergy to have because it is in almost everything, from food dyes to salad dressings and soft cheeses. I follow the blog http://realfoodliz.com/. Her recipes and suggestions about how to make amazing food with substitutions make my life a little easier. If you dig a little deeper into her blog, she has grain free lotion recipes, because quite a few lotions use wheat to thicken, and podcast available on the topics of how to eat grain free. Check her out and start eating a little cleaner!

2. LifeHacker
I've browsed http://lifehacker.com/ a little in the past but never fully explored what it had to offer till recently. LifeHacker has articles on all types of technology and updates, how-to's for your computer or smartphone, to screen savers. It is kind of like reading a paper that someone with a short attention span may have written because the topics don't flow. I will have to  a little more reading into the posts they have written but I do like how this blog shakes it up a bit by writing about text bars to 'technology to get you mother for mothers day', or how to look up movies more efficiently on your smart phone.

3. Crossfit Journal
Yes I know the reputation that crossfitters have put on the world by talking and obsessing over the training program. I have to admit, I have never felt better in my life after starting his training... end of soap box. I discovered this blog through my crossfit trainer who asked if I had ever thought about being a trainer. There are posts about how to become a certified trainer step by step. It also has blogs about form, training programs, correct form, and why to stay motivated. It is one of the better crossfit blogs I have read because the posts are not by only one writer. There are numerous people posting their stories on this site to help motivate others. For an inspiring read click on http://journal.crossfit.com/. Plus, they have paleo recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment